The Internet is means to live life in the modern world. People use it to communicate, to share experience, to discover new means and tools, to find answers to questions, to get out of being lost – you name it. Because people rely on the Internet for so much, they turn to it when they need to find services, goods, jobs and anything else that is essential to living. It is now necessary to develop a website with a good design layout – that is, a website design that is user-friendly and memorable. Here are seven tips to reach that memorability:
1. Your website should be organized and easy to be looked at. There is a color wheel to help choose your design – use it, but don’t abuse it. All colors have certain meanings attached to them and that can help you choose some colors to design your website. But don’t go overboard on the color frenzy – your website needs to stay simple in order to look professional. Every page, for example, should follow the same color layout. It helps with navigation. You want your viewer to still feel like they are on the same website when they visit different pages.
2. Your website should be easy to read. Another extremely important tidbit is that your website needs to be readable. Putting effort into reading takes too much time and energy for a viewer. With easy reading, you can get your message out to the viewers more effectively, and this will eventually encourage your viewers to stay on your website and look around some more. Most viewers, however, usually just want to look up the specific amount of information that they are looking for. An easy read will help them get to that piece of information. Making this information easy to find will also invite them to come back to your website in case they need anything more, as well, since they will already know by that point that they can rely on your website.
3. Website development is all about the pecking order. Research has shown that viewers scan websites starting from the top left corner. This is why many companies and website owners place their logos and breaking news in the there. As the viewer scrolls to the right and downward, viewership gets lower. So make sure your most important information and links are on the top, starting from the left. For handheld devices, readers will scan starting from the top and towards the bottom, since there isn’t a lot of space available to design your responsive website left to right.
4. Your website is all about your public personality. This means logos need to be well designed, as they are the representation of your brand, service or blog. And speaking of blogging, adding a blog to your structured web design is a means of creating a more casual yet personal connection with your viewers. If you are running a business, for example, a blog will help humanize your business, and you can even directly respond to your customers. The blog is the means to write your own person into your website, so you don’t end up in a sea of website masses. It is what is going to make your website unique. As such, a blog is a very useful tool.
5. Social media networking, man. Millions of users have a means to connect through social media. It’s imperative that any business or public persona create a social media link to themselves, as this will further generate more viewers. The whole point – get yourself out there. A good website design is something that people can remember to go back to. A great website design makes it easier for people to connect directly with the website, and you can do so with one simple link to Facebook, Twitter or anything else.
6. Don’t forget to make use of responsive web design! Take a walk around and you will see so many people attached to their phones and tablets. This is the future of connection and Internet usage. Make your website easy to access through their devices, and you will gather more viewers.
Think of these tips as a formula for creating a good website arrangement. There is a reason why this formula works. It will help develop an effective means to reaching out to viewers, and despite that it is a formula, there are so many creative ways to design a website with these tips. Unless you were planning to design something that is pesky, a pleasant website design will be the most important step into giving yourself an existence on the Internet.